The official newspaper of Brebeuf Jesuit Preparatory School.

Inside Prep

Breaking News
  • AsiaFest takes place April 25
  • Day 4 delayed opening on April 24
  • Students take ACT, PreACT, ECA Bio on April 23
  • Passover begins evening of April 22
  • Senior Mentors meet 1st PRT April 22 in Chapel
  • Prebeuf: Middle school students visit school April 21

Inside Prep

Inside Prep

A star is born in Indy: Caitlin Clark gets drafted to the Indiana Fever

AP Study Season: How Brebeuf Students Deal with Stress

May 17, 2024

As the school year ends and AP exams approach, many Brebeuf students grapple with increased levels of stress and anxiety. The pressure to perform well...

Brebeuf’s Track Team Sprints Toward Success

May 17, 2024

The Track season is unfolding with remarkable success! This year, there are many great runners who contribute to the team and are leading the team to ascendancy....

Pre, during, post: The prom trifecta

Pre, during, post: The prom trifecta

May 16, 2024

Our definition of prom in 2024 is a lot different than that of 20 years ago; rather than just going to a dance in a school gym for 3 hours, prom now consists...

School Updates

Brebeuf school changes influence many

A new dress code, more PRTS, a new Cafeteria, and Parking Lot changes, are just some of the modifications to the 2023-2024 school year. These new changes have sparked a lot of differing opinions; however, the majority of Brebeuf students feel that their requests last year were put into action.

The adjustment to the new school-wide dress code includes sweatpants, athletic attire, and 4-inch shorts. These options allow students to not only be comfortable but allow students to express themselves in ways that were otherwise restricted.

“I like it because it is more outfit choices. It makes it easier to get dressed in the morning because I can just throw on some sweatpants and call it a day,” says Lauryn Martin ‘25.

In addition to this, another PRT was added to the Wednesday delayed opening schedule. This not only helps with a regular routine but adds more free time to a long day of classes. 

Mr. Petty states that “It can make planning harder for gaps, however, it is nice to still have the PRT for clubs and meeting with students.”

How about the Cafeteria? Right now it is bare, hot, and cramped; do students feel that waiting until January is worth the current circumstances? 

“I am looking forward to having a bigger cafeteria” emphasizes Lukas Dahlstrom ‘26

And lastly, the parking situation has caused many mixed reviews. The senior lot is farther away and has fewer spots. Many seniors are upset with how far they must park to get into school everyday.

“I think we should have left the senior lot where it was and have the first 8 spots of every row for teachers, but otherwise I don’t really care” states Mr. Bradley Weinstein.

Obviously school changes can never fully appease anyone; however, the dress code has caused the most agreement amongst the students.