The official newspaper of Brebeuf Jesuit Preparatory School.

Inside Prep

Breaking News
  • AsiaFest takes place April 25
  • Day 4 delayed opening on April 24
  • Students take ACT, PreACT, ECA Bio on April 23
  • Passover begins evening of April 22
  • Senior Mentors meet 1st PRT April 22 in Chapel
  • Prebeuf: Middle school students visit school April 21

Inside Prep

Inside Prep

Taylor Swift’s “The Tortured Poets Department” Album Review
Eclipse at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway

May 9, 2024

On Monday, April 8th, all of central Indiana was graced by being in the path of a total solar eclipse. To celebrate this event, schools shut down and people...

The Rise of Intramural Basketball: A Slam Dunk Season

March 25, 2024

Intramural basketball has taken off this semester! Intramural basketball has been a staple of Brebeuf PRTs. It offers students a chance to showcase their...

A change in weather affects Brebeuf

A change in weather affects Brebeuf

March 4, 2024

From the start of the second semester, Indiana has experienced unexpected extreme cold weather affecting school life, student drivers, and sports. With...

A Look Back on the First 4 Weeks of the NFL Season

Injuries, blowouts, and surprises.
Jack Hamilton 27′
Seahawks battle the Panthers in Seattle.

Weeks one through four of the NFL season have just come to an end, and it has certainly been a spectacle so far. The NFL’s remaining undefeated teams are the Philadelphia Eagles and San Francisco 49ers, each having a 4-0 record. The NFL’s most disappointing teams this season are the Carolina Panthers and Chicago Bears, each going 0-4 so far. These first couple weeks can give an important preview to the imminent future. 

Freshman Sam Grant explained, “The 49ers and Dolphins have the best chances to make the Superbowl this year”. The Dolphins had a memorable game in week three against the Denver Broncos, scoring 70 points. The Dolphin’s offense has looked dominant, but their defense tells another story. Statistically, the Dolphins are one of the worst ranked defenses and that could be their Achilles heel later in the season. Comparatively, the 49ers look very well-rounded on offense and defense. 49ers Running back Christian McCaffrey scored four touchdowns against the Cardinals and looked unstoppable against the Cardinals. On the flip side, the 49ers defense has been consistently great and has almost no holes. Unlike the 49ers, many other teams are suffering from gaps in their team due to injury. 

Across the league, injuries have crippled teams’ potential. The Cleveland Browns were left stunned by star Nick Chubb’s injury. Nick Chubb’s knee, the same one seriously injured in 2015 at Georgia, was left with an MCL tear after his week two Monday night game. The New York Jets also had a devastating injury to their team. Veteran Aaron Rodgers went down only a few snaps into his week one game, leaving the Jets with no starting QB. Zach Wilson took over and surprisingly outplayed Kansas City Chiefs star Patrick Mahomes in week four. These are just a couple of notable injuries that have plagued the beginning of the NFL season. 

The NFL is only a few weeks in and it has already been a very eventful season of injuries, anxious fanbases, and surprising breakouts. With 14 weeks still left in the regular season and the playoffs to come, only more suspense is to come.