The official newspaper of Brebeuf Jesuit Preparatory School.

Inside Prep

Breaking News

Inside Prep

Inside Prep

Women at the 66th Annual Grammy Awards

Women at the 66th Annual Grammy Awards

February 15, 2024

The sixty-sixth Grammy Awards Ceremony, hosted at the Crypto.com Arena in Los Angeles, was a historic night for female artists—from Taylor Swift to Joni...

Brebeuf’s New Cafeteria

Brebeuf’s New Cafeteria

February 14, 2024

Unless you have been living under a rock, you have probably seen the new cafeteria. And if you haven’t, here’s a rundown. When you first walk in, you...

Snoball Recap 2024

Snoball Recap 2024

February 12, 2024

This year, Snowball was held at Industry in Downtown Indianapolis just two blocks away from Lucas Oil Stadium. With the past few Snowball dances being...

Boys Varsity Soccer Playoff Preview

Will their Reign Continue?
+Gabe+Vasquez-Jaffe+24+celebrates+after+the+team+scored+a+goal+in+the+Marion+County+Tournament.+The+Braves+had+high+hopes+coming+into+the+County+Tournament%2C+but+were+knocked+out+by+the+Red+Devils+of+Pike+High+School.+%0A
Peyton Cummings
Gabe Vasquez-Jaffe 24′ celebrates after the team scored a goal in the Marion County Tournament. The Braves had high hopes coming into the County Tournament, but were knocked out by the Red Devils of Pike High School.

After an impressive regular season record of 9-3-3, the Braves looked to preserve their momentum going into the Marion County Tournament. The Braves would have to persist through a tough county tournament in order to claim their first county championship in school history. This county tournament was special to the Braves, as 17 of the 19 rostered varsity players are seniors.  

Led by captains and seniors Quinn Warren, Teddy Potts, and Finn Crist, the Braves took on the Park Tudor Panthers in the tournament’s first round. Brebeuf, coming off of back-to-back state 2A championships, beat up on the reigning state 1A champion Panthers, 6-1. The Braves then played in the hostile environment of North Central for the second round. After a horrendous blunder by a North Central defender, the Braves took the lead 1-0, but after conceding a late goal, the match was set to be decided by penalty kicks. The Braves came home with the win, with a score of 4-3 of penalties. Later that week, the Braves played Pike in the third round of the county tournament. Pike, ranked third in the country at the time, is led by star senior striker Anelson Azard with 38 goals and 9 assists. The Braves were eliminated from the county tournament in a tough shutout loss of 3-0 against the Red Devils. 

The Braves are now set on a new objective: the state championship. Their reign over 2A has lasted two years, as the Braves are coming off of back-to-back state championships. With their season on the line, Brebeuf played against the rival Guerin Catholic Eagles in the first round of sectionals. Guerin, with a prior record of five wins to nine losses, got sent home by the Braves with a score of 4-1. The Braves look to continue their postseason run Wednesday night against the Heritage Christian Eagles.