The official newspaper of Brebeuf Jesuit Preparatory School.

Inside Prep

Breaking News

Inside Prep

Inside Prep

Women at the 66th Annual Grammy Awards

Women at the 66th Annual Grammy Awards

February 15, 2024

The sixty-sixth Grammy Awards Ceremony, hosted at the Crypto.com Arena in Los Angeles, was a historic night for female artists—from Taylor Swift to Joni...

Brebeuf’s New Cafeteria

Brebeuf’s New Cafeteria

February 14, 2024

Unless you have been living under a rock, you have probably seen the new cafeteria. And if you haven’t, here’s a rundown. When you first walk in, you...

Snoball Recap 2024

Snoball Recap 2024

February 12, 2024

This year, Snowball was held at Industry in Downtown Indianapolis just two blocks away from Lucas Oil Stadium. With the past few Snowball dances being...

NCAA Basketball Vs. NBA: Which is more enjoyable?

Students debate which version of the sport is more fun to watch
IU+battles+Purdue+at+Assembly+hall.+
Owen Birge
IU battles Purdue at Assembly hall.

With basketball season finally upon us, the age-old debate returns: NBA or NCAA. Sophomore Cooper Sherman, who is on the basketball team, argues “College Basketball for sure, the energy that comes with College Basketball games is unmatched.” That’s 1 tally for college basketball. We then asked sophomore Ian Wise what he thought: “I love college basketball regular season much more than NBA regular season, and while NBA playoffs are good, March Madness is better.” Seems as if there is a clear favorite. Finally, we asked Junior Ethan Birge on what he thought about the comparison. “Though I enjoy college basketball more, I think that the two are very different and should not be compared.” I agree that the two are very different and some aspects are better than others. For the NBA, there are more memorable names than college basketball because the players stay for longer, but there is a far greater energy in the college level of the sport