The official newspaper of Brebeuf Jesuit Preparatory School.

Inside Prep

Breaking News
  • AsiaFest takes place April 25
  • Day 4 delayed opening on April 24
  • Students take ACT, PreACT, ECA Bio on April 23
  • Passover begins evening of April 22
  • Senior Mentors meet 1st PRT April 22 in Chapel
  • Prebeuf: Middle school students visit school April 21

Inside Prep

Inside Prep

The Rise of Intramural Basketball: A Slam Dunk Season
A change in weather affects Brebeuf

A change in weather affects Brebeuf

March 4, 2024

From the start of the second semester, Indiana has experienced unexpected extreme cold weather affecting school life, student drivers, and sports. With...

Committed Athletes

Committed Athletes

March 4, 2024

Aside from academic excellence, Brebeuf students flourish in sports. More than half of the student body at Brebeuf partake in sports. Balancing academics...

Spring Trial Schedule: Sink or Float?

February 21, 2024

If you’ve been at Brebeuf for the past few years, you probably know the eight day schedule by heart…or at least know it pretty well by now. But this...

A Day in the Life of Mr. Tague

Eleanor Helman ’24
Social Studies teacher Mr. Aaron Tague has been teaching for 26 years.

If you hear laughs coming from the Social Studies Department it is safe to assume that it is Mr. Aaron Tague telling jokes for all of his coworkers and students.

The history teacher better known just as “Tague” is respected by his students and his peers, and he has taught for 26 years.

Tague teaches a lesson in AP Macro. (Eleanor Helman ’24)

Mr. Justin Petty, a fellow Social Studies teacher/coworker of Tague says, “Mr. Tague is one of the more impressive and compassionate people in my life and we share many of the same interests.

“He’s our office DJ most mornings to start the day off on the right foot and in the proper seasonal mood. His fall sound curation is top-notch, mostly The Smiths, The Cure, and maybe the occasional Joy Division album.

“We also often hike together on weekends and during the summer, usually near his house in Eagle Creek or near my camper cabin in Bloomington,” Petty said. “He’s always willing to cover my class if I’m late to school and goes out of his way to be more than helpful if anyone in Social Studies needs an errand run or copies made. His heart is as big as any I know.”

Tague begins his day at 4:20 a.m. by working out in his living room. He focuses on core and dumbbells until he has to start getting ready for work.

He arrives at Brebeuf at 6:15 a.m. and makes coffee for the Social Studies office. The first person he talks to is typically Mr. Steve Exline since he comes in early as well and they talk about things going on in their lives.

Tague’s favorite classes to teach are AP Macroeconomics and AP U.S. History depending on what is going on in the world.

Tague helps student Cole Clinton ’24. (Eleanor Helman ’24)

Tague’s typical lunch consists of a bone broth that he claims is good for his health. During his breaks when he is not grading he likes to listen to songs with Mr. Brian Hamlet, Petty, and Ms. Taylor Amberger.

Tague leaves Brebeuf around 3:40 p.m. once the traffic dies down. The first thing he does when he gets home is change and take the dogs outside.

He has three children ages 21, 19, and 18. Their names are Asher Creed Tague, Eden Justus Tague, and Nisha Adai Tague.

Asher lives in Colorado Springs, Eden is a small business owner and entrepreneur, and Nisha was adopted by Tague from India when she was 3 years old.

In Tague’s free time outside of school, he likes to go rock climbing, he likes to read anything he can get his hands on, and he takes pleasure in shooting guns.

“I’ve had Mr. Tague both my sophomore and senior year,” says Eleanor Helman ‘24. “He’s been one of my favorite teachers at Brebeuf because he’s really caring and great at his job.”

After a packed day of fun, Mr. Tague finally ends his day around 9 p.m.