The official newspaper of Brebeuf Jesuit Preparatory School.

Inside Prep

Breaking News
  • AsiaFest takes place April 25
  • Day 4 delayed opening on April 24
  • Students take ACT, PreACT, ECA Bio on April 23
  • Passover begins evening of April 22
  • Senior Mentors meet 1st PRT April 22 in Chapel
  • Prebeuf: Middle school students visit school April 21

Inside Prep

Inside Prep

A star is born in Indy: Caitlin Clark gets drafted to the Indiana Fever

AP Study Season: How Brebeuf Students Deal with Stress

May 17, 2024

As the school year ends and AP exams approach, many Brebeuf students grapple with increased levels of stress and anxiety. The pressure to perform well...

Brebeuf’s Track Team Sprints Toward Success

May 17, 2024

The Track season is unfolding with remarkable success! This year, there are many great runners who contribute to the team and are leading the team to ascendancy....

Pre, during, post: The prom trifecta

Pre, during, post: The prom trifecta

May 16, 2024

Our definition of prom in 2024 is a lot different than that of 20 years ago; rather than just going to a dance in a school gym for 3 hours, prom now consists...

Flag Football

A look into the new sport taking over PRTs

Starting this spring, Brebeuf has introduced flag football as a new activity during PRTs. Now, students of all genders can participate in the sport, competing during the second part on the football field. This gives students the opportunity to get some fresh air and be active during the school day. Flag football teams can be created by any student and consists of teams ranging from 5 to 9 people. Conveniently, multiple games can be played during the PRTs because they do not take up the whole field, this allows students to cheer on their friends from different teams all at once.  

Emilia Bell ‘26 loves the opportunity of flag football as it “challenges societal norms of the NFL” by allowing girls to participate in the sport. She continued by adding, “I enjoy intramural flag football more than intramural basketball and enjoy being a part of a team with some of my best friends.”

As the weather gets nicer, more students want to utilize their time off during school by spending more time outside similar to Braedy Strothkamp ‘25, who thinks “it’s a really great way for students to be outside, take a break from school and just have fun with your friends.” He also thought it is fun that students can play with Brebeuf football players who they usually wouldn’t be able to play with. 

Leroy Lewis ‘24, who also is involved with Brebeuf’s official football team favors the new activity during PRT, noting, “Flag football gives students who do not play high school football an opportunity to still enjoy the sport.” One way the activity is catered to the student body is that only two football players are limited to play on a team, eliminating any inequalities that could arise with a team of full football players.

The new addition of flag football during PRTs has made students very happy and provides lots of benefits to student life. Flag football games are played everyday of the week besides Wednesday. Get some fresh air and cheer on your classmates!