The official newspaper of Brebeuf Jesuit Preparatory School.

Inside Prep

Breaking News
  • AsiaFest takes place April 25
  • Day 4 delayed opening on April 24
  • Students take ACT, PreACT, ECA Bio on April 23
  • Passover begins evening of April 22
  • Senior Mentors meet 1st PRT April 22 in Chapel
  • Prebeuf: Middle school students visit school April 21

Inside Prep

Inside Prep

A star is born in Indy: Caitlin Clark gets drafted to the Indiana Fever

AP Study Season: How Brebeuf Students Deal with Stress

May 17, 2024

As the school year ends and AP exams approach, many Brebeuf students grapple with increased levels of stress and anxiety. The pressure to perform well...

Brebeuf’s Track Team Sprints Toward Success

May 17, 2024

The Track season is unfolding with remarkable success! This year, there are many great runners who contribute to the team and are leading the team to ascendancy....

Pre, during, post: The prom trifecta

Pre, during, post: The prom trifecta

May 16, 2024

Our definition of prom in 2024 is a lot different than that of 20 years ago; rather than just going to a dance in a school gym for 3 hours, prom now consists...

The Track season is unfolding with remarkable success! This year, there are many great runners who contribute to the team and are leading the team to ascendancy. The team has had numerous achievements, and hopes to continue their wins throughout the season. 

There is a great sense of community and friendship on the track team, which many players will say is the most imperative detail to glory. Isabel Garcia, a distance runner for the Brebeuf Track and Field Team, highlights the fact that she feels track offers great opportunities to show sportsmanship and leadership. She says, “This season is so special, the camaraderie and teamwork is shown in every practice and I feel so lucky to be on this team!” Her immense excitement for the team shows how well the members of the team work together to be victorious. 

The strong cooperative spirit present in the team helps the team excel not just in individual events but as a unified entity. Garcia also recounts a major triumph the team has recently accomplished throughout the season thus far. “Our team is all really good and it let us place 2nd at the Marion County Championships!” She is very proud of her teammates and hopes their success will continue for the rest of May. 

Addison Rouleau, a sprinter, explains her preliminary motives for joining the track team and the unexpected joys it brought her. “Initially, I joined track because I liked to run and I was hoping that it would help me train for volleyball. But throughout the season, I’ve enjoyed meeting and spending time with the new people I’ve met.”

The exceptional team spirit of the track team seems to be unanimous throughout its members. Rouleau also said, “The atmosphere of the team is extremely welcoming and supportive, and I’m glad to be a part of it.” Overall, it looks like the track team is having a wonderful time with some great wins and some extraordinary teammates.