The official newspaper of Brebeuf Jesuit Preparatory School.

Inside Prep

Breaking News
  • AsiaFest takes place April 25
  • Day 4 delayed opening on April 24
  • Students take ACT, PreACT, ECA Bio on April 23
  • Passover begins evening of April 22
  • Senior Mentors meet 1st PRT April 22 in Chapel
  • Prebeuf: Middle school students visit school April 21

Inside Prep

Inside Prep

The Rise of Intramural Basketball: A Slam Dunk Season
A change in weather affects Brebeuf

A change in weather affects Brebeuf

March 4, 2024

From the start of the second semester, Indiana has experienced unexpected extreme cold weather affecting school life, student drivers, and sports. With...

Committed Athletes

Committed Athletes

March 4, 2024

Aside from academic excellence, Brebeuf students flourish in sports. More than half of the student body at Brebeuf partake in sports. Balancing academics...

Spring Trial Schedule: Sink or Float?

February 21, 2024

If you’ve been at Brebeuf for the past few years, you probably know the eight day schedule by heart…or at least know it pretty well by now. But this...

Paco’s Tacos Food Review

Tasting Brebeuf’s Local Taco Truck Turned Restaurant
A view outside the Pacos Tacos Restaurant
A view outside the Paco’s Tacos Restaurant

It has finally happened! Paco’s Tacos is officially open! The chain was founded in 2014 by Seni Gonzalez Barron, and the restaurant opened on 86th Street, right across from Brebeuf. This opening has been long-awaited as Paco’s Tacos food has only been served through a food truck while the building was under construction. Fortunately, the building just recently opened and is looking great! From the outside, the restaurant doesn’t look like anything special, but when you enter, you are greeted with an incredibly modern look. The restaurant employs a ‘grab-and-go’ style, where customers order at the register while being able to look inside the kitchen.

Service: ★★★★

Overall, the service was excellent. The workers and cleaning staff were extremely lively and helpful with the customers. It was easy to order, with concise and clear communication. Most of the food came out fast, but steak items, like the carne asada, take longer. The cost is also relatively low.

Eating Environment: ★★★★★

The eating environment was also excellent. Compared to many of the other restaurants within walking distance from Brebeuf, Paco’s was clean and well kept. The newly redone, air conditioned inside of the restaurant is a great site in the summer, and the outside seating area is a nice place to eat on a beautiful day. The bathrooms are also clean and well above the standard for an average restaurant in Indianapolis. 

Food: ★★★☆☆

There were mixed emotions about the food. First, the arroz con pollo contains chicken, rice, and queso. The dish looks pleasing and tastes great, apart from the chicken, which tasted slightly undercooked. Next, the chicken taco was a corn tortilla with chicken and cilantro. This had the same problem as the arroz con pollo in that the chicken was, again, undercooked.

Overall Rating: ★★★★